Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Seattle is Winding Down - Thursday Night and Friday

After our day whale watching, Gina and I were tired, but after showering we ready to join the guys for dinner at Purple Care. It was yet again, oh so yummy food. I had a four cheese (think GOOD cheeses, not cheddar and parmesean!) pizza that was deliciously perfect. The restaurant had this floor to ceiling tower in the dead center that held thousands of bottles of wine. I have never seen anything like it. After dinner, our waiter took us up the winding staircase (and through the tiny crawl hole) and inside of it which happened to be the sommelier's office. It was definitely neat to see.

For the first time since we got there, we slept in on Friday. Then, packed and took our suitcases to Gina and Adam's room for storage until time to leave for our 11:30 flight. Glenn was having lunch at Ivar's (should I say another great place to eat) with a rep and another friend and they invited me and Gina to go along since Adam was at a business lunch. From lunch she and I stopped at a local running shop to pick up some fantastically crazy neon tennis shoes I saw in the window and then planned to do a tour. However, we missed the last time we could do it and still be on time for dinner so instead we stopped in Diva Dollz, a local shop in Pioneer Square to look at some shoes. Well, this place was awesome. They make their own clothes and they are all in vintage print and style. And, the shoes....well, let's just say unique and definitly not something I can get in Columbia. Gina and I both left there with new outifts to wear to dinner and I came out with a second pair of shoes that match my ladybug purse from whale watching! Good time shopping there for sure.

After we put on our fabulous new dress and shoes, we met the guys at the closing social and then went to The Pink Door for our last Seattle meal. It was outside with a waterview and absolutely divine food. By the time Glenn and I changed clothes, it was time to head to the airport and our all night flight! Seattle was so awesome of a trip that it was hard to leave. We definitely hope to go back some time in the future.




Purple Cafe


Our ducks...Gina and I got "special" ducks from the front desk!


our new outfits


dinner at The Pink Door


last looks at Seattle

No comments: