Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dress Shopping


I've looked at a few places and found one dress that I thought was "the one". But, my friend Peggy had made an appointment at Bella Vista, a local bridal boutique and I agreed not to buy anything until after that visit.

My plan was to get a simple, classic dress. Everything I showed Glenn he deemed "plain" or "okay". I finally decided that he wanted something more wedding-ish. I truly went into the Bella Vista visit with a bad attitude. I was determined that I was not going to find a dress --- too expensive, too wedding dress, too much bling, too anything. Belinda, Peggy and Christina all met me there and I began to explain to Meredith, the consultant, what I wanted. I think she was quickly frustrated with me, but she remained super sweet and encouraging. The first dress she showed me I said "no" to immediately. I didn't want a train. I didn't want buttons on the back. I didn't want sequins. We finally found a few options, but none worked. Finally, I found one that I did like. It was a strapless, sheer dress, but it had (tasteful) sequin lines on the front and a big train. Then, Meredith asked again if I would just be willing to try on the first one she showed me. And, I agreed. It was love as soon as I put it on. I forgot the train, the slight pearl and crystal beading, the buttons up the back....I just saw that it was perfect.

I ended up getting a fabulous deal on it as well. So, my initial wedding dress plan was scrapped and I got a real wedding dress. I am so excited.

No comments: