Monday, April 7, 2014

Mad Hatter Tea Party

Another annual event I look forward to each year is the "Mad Hatter Tea" at church.  This year I hosted a table.  I used our wedding china, Glenn's grandmother's wedding china and silver service.  I loved my centerpiece of books (from Glenn's granddad's personal library collection), a silver tea pot, silver tea set and tea cup from Glenn's grandmother's Limoges pattern from Virgin Islands, fresh flowers, and pearls. 
 
We had three courses of tea food and teas.  Course one was scones, two was finger sandwiches, cheese sticks and mini quiche and the final course was petit fours, key lime cakes, lemon bars and chocolate dipped strawberries. 
 
The speaker was Molly Spearman, current candidate for state Superintendent of Education.  All attendees were also asked to donate a children's book to the UMC's effort to collect 1 million books for children.
 
I was so excited that my friend Paula joined me for this fun event!
 
 
 












No comments: