Sunday, January 19, 2014

Spirit, Sports and the Arts

My goal is to update my blog each Sunday with the previous week's news, events and excitement.  That way I can hopefully stay on track. So, here is my first update.
 
Ben had spirit week at school.  He forgot on Monday and didn't have anything for "cowboy" day, but he went all out for Neon Day, Urkel (nerd) Day and Dreher Day.
 
I did a lot of cultural things this week.  On Wednesday night my friend Peggy and I went to Redbird Studio and "threw" pottery.  I made a (pitiful) vase, an okay mug (I pulled my own handle!) and a ring holder.  I can' wait to see how they turn out when they have been glazed and fired.  Then, Thursday night Junior League sponsored a painting night at Tag It Art.  We were painting red poppies, but mine took on a life of its own with a cat head peaking over the top so I went with it, gave the cat a face and named it "Poppy Cat".  On Friday night Glenn and I enjoyed a date night....dinner at Tios and "Crimes of the Heart" at Workshop Theatre.
 
Saturday we attended Ben's basketball game, met our fried Aaron and two of his sons at Thirsty Fellow, went to the basketball game and then a festival at the convention center (thanks to a friend who offered us tickets!)

 
 















No comments: