Sunday, January 26, 2014

Friends, Fire, Ice, Ballet, Hip Hop and More

This past week started with a day off from school.  Ben and I took the day to go to Spartanburg and have lunch with my mom and visit my grandfather.  When we returned to Columbia that night we all had dinner (homemade shrimp and grits) with our friends, Catherine and Aaron and their kids. 
 
Ben started track this week and it was also the last week of regular church league basketball. 
 
As the week progressed I made a trip to the UPS Store to mail my passport off for my Chinese Visa and picked up my new ladybug purse from my sweet and talented friend, Sally of Nana by Sally.
 
We have been looking forward to Friday night's "A Ball of Fire and Ice" at the Art Museum for a while and not only did it meet our expectations it greatly exceeded them.  I love a party theme that is carried through everything.  This one most definitely did.  Half the room was decorated as "fire" (orange, reds) and the other "ice" (silver, white).  Even the big food table floral arrangement was half and half!  Food was made with Sriachi on the "fire" side and was cold themed foods.  The Finesse Band was terrific and were followed by a great DJ.  On the 2nd level of the museum lobby was an art silent auction.  Unfortunately, we didn't win the one piece we bid on.  I was excited to run into some JLC friends and of course we left with new friends.  (Glenn even reconnected with a childhood friend he hadn't seen in over 20 years!)  For the small price tag it was by far the best gala deal we have attended.
 
Saturday afternoon Ben had his last regular season basketball game.  Looks like next Saturday they will play in the play offs.  That evening we invited our friends Cam and Elizabeth to join us for dinner at Terra, the Life Chance ballet and the gala party afterwards.  What a great time of seeing a lot of people we knew and it is always a major treat to see Brooklyn Mack, a world known dancer, perform. 

We rounded out our weekend with church, lunch, a visit to Mrs. Matthews, grocery shopping, a nap AND the first "hip hop" dance class for me and Glenn at Workshop Theater tonight.
 

 
 














No comments: