Saturday, November 10, 2012

Boston - Day 3

On Friday, Glenn was up early for his meetings and I chose to sleep in again!  (I don't get to do this often on weekdays so I was taking full advantage!)  Then we met Rich and Andrea for a fabulous lunch at Summer Shack.  After enjoying the most delicious clam chowder and fish and chips, Glenn had to return to the hotel for an LDG meeting. I did a little shopping with Rich and Andrea at the mall attached to the hotel before we all met up to go walk the Freedom Trail.  Unfortunately, it was chilly and started raining, but we persevered and did the whole 2.5 miles.  Being a big history buff I loved this!  We started at the graveyard where Benjamin Franklin, Paul Revere, John Hancock and many other important historical figures are buried.  It was interesting, but eerie!  From there we saw where the Boston Tea party was planned, where the first shots of the Revolutionary War were fired, Fanuil Hall, where the Declaration of Independence was read, Bunker Hill and Old North Church!! It was tiring, but a definite highlight of the trip.

Glenn attended his LDG reception and I rested before we joined his dad and Belinda for dinner at Capital Grille.  I turned in early while he visited with friends.  Andrea and I were taking an excursion the next morning!

































No comments: