Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Seattle - Wednesday

Glenn's meetings actually started on Wednesday after lunch so we got up early and headed to the famous Pike's Market for breakfast and to walk around. We saw the "flying fish" and couldn't believe the gorgeous flowers. I walked him back to the hotel and met up with Gina so we could walk to Lake Washington for our Argosy boat ride. Being in Seattle I expected all gray clouds and rain, but it was a beautiful, warm day. I got my worst sunburn of the summer!

On our boat we saw gorgeous views of the city, homes, the floating homes, Bill Gates' house, Dale Chihuly's studio and so much more. Being that this was Sea Fare week (Navy) we caught a glimpse of the Blue Angels flying in the distance. After our ride we walked to a nearby hamburger place for lunch and then to the flagship Nordstrom store. Exciting!!! :) Gina decided she was ready to go back and rest so I ventured on to Nordstrom Rack where I found a cute teeshirt to wear on Thursday and a Tory Burch top that I fell in love with.

That evening was the convention banquet and we were well surpised by how great the food turned out to be. I had salmon over couscous and it was delicious. I very much enjoyed meeting a lot of Glenn's industry buddies that I had heard so much about.



flying fish

too cute




floating houses...no they aren't boat houses, they literally float




Gates Manor


Chihuly's studio


Gina, Adam, me and Glenn before the banquet


yum!

No comments: