Monday, May 16, 2011

Texas Tenors

Do you watch "America's Got Talent"? I don't. Have you heard of the Texas Tenors? I hadn't. Well, I'll give you a snipit and then I suggest you go Google them and listen to them! This couple, Donan and Sheila, that are friends of Glenn's family offered for Mrs. Matthews, Mr. Rick, Belinda and me to join them at their table at the Township last week for the Texas Tenor concert. I wasn't sure who they were, but I figured it would be fun. They were performing with the new Township POPS (who are awesome) and I wanted to see them. Well, the Texas Tenors are just that....three Texas (cute!) cowboys who sing. And, I mean, they sing. They are versatile and talented. They started with Alabama country and moved right into Classical Opera. They performed an audience standing, riveting "God Bless the USA" and a clap along "Deep in The Heart of Texas". But, the also did Gospel (although I was dissapointed they didn't sing "You Raise Me Up" which was listed in the program; however, it is on the CD and the best version of the song I've ever heard). More Italian opera and some popular songs, too like "Unchained Melody" and the Rolling Stones' "Wild Horses".

After the show, Belinda and I waited to have our picture made witht them and were amazed that no only are they nice looking and great singers, but they are super nice guys. They were so friendly taking as much time with each person as they wanted, thanking everyone for coming and Marcus (the cute blond one that all the girls liked) even asked if we would "please put the picture on their Facebook page for them".

So, go Google them now and hear for yourself!




"Play Me Some Mountain Music" opening up the show


"God Bless the USA"


The Township POPS!



"Deep in the Heart of Texas"


Belinda, me, Mrs. Matthews and Sheila after the show


me and Belinda with the Texas Tenors

No comments: