Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was WONDERFUL!! For the first time in 20 years Glenn and his mom spent Christmas together. I loved being a part of this!! While Vickie and Fred visited Glenn's step-grandfather (we were going, but Honey Baked Ham got in the way with their long lines), I cooked using mostly family recipes texted from my Aunt Dianne. When things were going good, we did our last shopping and wrapping. It was so fun!! Glenn's grandmother came over to visit withhis mom and Fred for a while, too.

We enjoyed our (what everyone said was wonderful!!!) dinner and then following our gift opening, we ended with Fred's "to die for" chocolate pie.

Later in the evening we joined a few (maybe 15 or so) for a candlelight service at church. It was the perfect ending to our wonderful Christmas Eve.

My first ever Christmas meal!!! Turkey and ham from Honey Ham, green bean casserole per the net and mac n cheese and dressing from my aunt/grandmother. Its what my grandnnother always made, but my aunt has kind of taken over. ( I cheated....my gravy came from a jar. Next year, I am going to be brave and try my family recipe!)
dinner


Ben was so excited!! He wanted to open his "big" present!

Glenn's mom brings us our "big" present!




Clay was excited about his gift card

Ben loves his football game from the Wrights

opening their gifts


the boys are so excited to get gifts

our beautiful rooster dish from Italy


opening our awesome gifts...a Dyson!!

our little Elf

waiting on Santa




Candlelight service at church


Cookies and milk for Santa

No comments: