Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Belinda!!

Today is Belinda's birthday (and she does not look her age!!) and this has been "celebration" weekend for her. Last night, Lee and Mike hosted a dinner party at their house that included us, Mrs. Matthews and Mr. Rick, Belinda's sister Kathy and her friend, Robert, Belinda's niece Kinsley and her friend, Taryn and seven other couples that are her closest friends. It was a wonderful evening. Lee is always a fabulous hostess. She leaves no details undone. And, one of my favorite things is her amazing glassware collection! I can never choose a favorite because they are all gorgeous.

The meal was catered and delicious. The first course was an apple, pecan salad. Second was tenderloin in bernaise sauce, herbed carrots, potatoes au gratin. A few seconds after my plate was set on the charger in front of me we heard a loud pop. When I looked down my plate had cracked from the heat! Thankfully, my plate was the only one this happened to as Lee indicated the dishware was over 100 years old and can't be replaced! Dessert was a scrumptously moist pound cake.

After dinner we all gathered in the main dining room to sing "happy birthday" and share birthday wishes with Belinda. Fun, fun evening.

On Sunday, Glenn's parents, me, Glenn and Ben, Kinsley, Taryn, Kathy and Robert all met at MoMo's for brunch. The perfect ending to the weekend!

Kathy, Belinda and Kinsley...beautful ladies with Lee's beautful glassware!

the main dinning room table

the second dining table

Belinda, me, Mrs. Matthews and Hilda after dinner

brunch at MoMo's on Sunday

No comments: