Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Orlando - Day 2 Epcot

We are all excited on the shuttle from the resort to Epcot.

First person inside the gate is STITCH!! He was the only character Ben would have his picture made with!


Spaceship Earth --- love the new touchscreen "create your own future"!

Glenn and Ben in Canada
I LOVE English Tudor style!

Ben in Epcot!

About to get in our clamshells and find Nemo!

One of my FAVORITE pictures from the whole trip!
Always being silly!
(see that silly face again?? Waiting on Captain EO to start...hasn't changed in 20 years!

Norway -- notice my face? I was highly irritated with Dad who took 20 pictures of his daughter while a line was waiting AND then when it was our turn, he wouldn't get her out of the way. I had a "troll" moment when she dropped her Viking hat right before Ben was snapping the pic. I picked it up and threw it out of the way. Got her out of the picture!

Anyone home in China??
I love Snow White! Here we are with her in Germany!
And, with the Aristocat!
We got up early on Tuesday and made a great breakfast before heading to the hotel lobby for our Disney-bound shuttle. We originally intended to go to Animal Kingdom, but at the last second changed our minds and hopped off at Epcot. I am glad we did because it was wonderful! We were there at opening and stayed until around 2. We rode some great rides --- The Land was fascinating to see the growth of veggies and fruits right there at Disney, Spaceship Earth, Norway and Mexico rides, Finding Nemo and our favorite, Soarin'!
Soarin' was absolutely the best. Okay, I have to admit I did close my eyes a couple of times and watch out of one eye a few others, but it was great. Soarin' simulated being on an open airliner and flying all over California. I was fine with the motion, but the height kind of got to me! Ben kept asking me to let go of the arm rest because I was making it too sweaty...haha.
We had lunch in a fabulous restaurant in Italy and did a walk through of each country. We felt like we saw the world in a few hours!
We left Epcot a little after 2 and took the tram to the Magic Kingdom with a short stop at the transportation center. It was most definitely a fun morning!

No comments: