Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Great Sales and Crawfish!!

I've needed a few clothing items and as luck would have it last weekend saw some very good sales at Coplon's, Pink Sorbet and online. Some of the sale prices were unreal and I ended up seriously boosting my wardrobe for not a lot of $$! Here goes: I got a great pair of black slacks and a black skirt--staples of any closet, a wonderful summer Lilly Pulitzer dress, a pair of Nicole Miller jeans (these were the most unbelievable price of all), a pair of pink Theory sandals and I've ordered a dress for an upcoming gala from Neiman-Marcus that I'm hoping will turn out to be a perfect fit! (A BIG thank you to Ben for being my shopping wingman and offering his, typically VERY good, opinions on what to wear and what not to wear...he picked out the Lilly dress, by the way!)

On Saturday, after lunch at LaBrasca's, Glenn, Ben and I headed to the Rosewood Crawfish Festival for an afternoon of fun and music (but no crawfish for us...although I had a shrimp po' boy at Doc's later in the evening...YUM). We met up with the Montgomery family so that Ben and Tripp could have fun together, while we also go to hang out with our friends. We saw so many friends and had a blast! We ended the day by stopping at our friend Hiram's house to see his new dog and Ben was excited to be invited to spend the night with Tripp.
Ben had fun at the karate "lesson"! And, riding the whirly-thing and slide with Tripp and Andi.We saw real crawfish at the Crawdaddy race (I love the look on Ben's face in this picture!) and the Crawfish mascot!

On Sunday Glenn and I had volunteered to help with the Cinco de Mayo fundraiser (for the new sound system) lunch at church. Van made his homemade tacos and we all ate soooo good! Unfortunately, there are no pictures as I left my camera at Hiram's house!
Another GREAT weekend!

No comments: