Saturday, February 20, 2010

All Local Farmers Market

I've heard a lot of talk recently about the All Local Farmers Market (located at 711 Whaley...next to 701 Whaley for anyone interested in visiting next Saturday, 8 to noon) and wanted to check it out. To Glenn's credit, going to this was not his idea of how to wile away a Saturday morning, but he promised he would go with me and so we went this morning. It was small, but lovely! I was disappointed by the lack of fruits and veggies, but it is winter. However, there were vendors selling beautiful fresh flowers, homemade pasta, organic greens, meats and so much more. I ended up getting Italian Brats from Caw-Caw Farms (can't wait to put those with some saurkraut and YUMMM!), a homemade 14 spice -- spice, and, my personal favorite, Backcountry Skin Care products --- Chickweed Salve, Peppermint Foot Cream (which we tried out pronto and it is wonderful!) and (heart shaped because I thought it was cute!) Oatmeal, Almond and Honey Goat Milk Soap. All of these are made in Blythewood, are all natural and, I believe, they are going to be repeat purchases! You can see their product list and order online at www.backcountrynubians.com if you can't make it to the market next weekend to visit their booth.
I feel sure that I'll be repeating my trip, especially when the weather warms up! (FYI...they have vendors selling coffee and breakfast foods for those who need sustenance to shop!) And, keeping with my "shop local" efforts this morning, we also stopped at the Ole Timey Meat Market on Rosewood for porterhouse steaks, meatloaf and feta, tomato stuffed chicken breasts for upcoming dinners! Good eatings this next week for sure!!

No comments: