Monday, February 8, 2010

5 C's...One Weekend!

This past weekend was a "c" busy weekend!

C #1 -- Circus Clowns.....It started on Friday night with a trip to the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus...what a blast! It has been 7 or 8 years since I had been to the circus and Ben was so young the last time that he didn't even remember going. With Glenn just coming back from a business trip and Clay off to see friends, Ben and I spent the evening enjoying the show. We arrived early for the pre-show where we saw clowns, elephants and amazing Chinese acrobats. Then, we enjoyed the actual circus itself and all of its excitement. My favorite was the elephants (as is evidenced in the fact that I took about 20 pictures of them alone!), but I also like the tigers. One of the tigers got a little "rowdy" and had to be subdued with some kind of powder. I'm not sure what Ben's favorite was but he seemed to like the acrobatic type things and the magic tricks. I'm glad B and I got to spend some time together!





C#2 -- Clay's Interview.....On Saturday morning I ran Clay to his first job interview to be a camp counselor at BSA Camp Barstow this summer. While he interviewed, Ben and I went in search of C#3 for his afternoon birthday party. Good luck, Clay!!




C#3 -- Cake....After finding the yummy ice cream cake at Wal Mart, Ben and I picked Clay up and then Ben's friend, Cullen and headed to get things ready for his birthday party. Shortly after 1, four of Ben's friends arrived for pizza, cake, and football. It was a really good party for Ben and I think he, and all of his friends, had a blast! (I enjoyed getting to catch up with my friend Wendy!!)





C#4 -- CMFA....Saturday was also a very special day. It was the one year of anniversary of mine and Glenn's first date!! Last year I attended the Columbia Music Festival Association Pub Night with him and we had so much fun! This year we took our friends, Scottie and Kat with us and,once again we made it to round 2 of the dart competition. It was a very fun evening!! (And, Glenn won a framed artwork AND a roundtrip --anywhere in the US--plane ticket...he is the luckiest winner of things!) Happy one year anniversary to us!!




C#5 --Church...We ended our weekend at church on Sunday morning and then having lunch with the Sipes/Montgomery family at Pizza Man before watching the Super Bowl in the evening. What a great Sunday! What an awesome weekend!!

No comments: