Sunday, January 10, 2010

First Week of '10 Re-Cap

Thus far I wouldn't say 2010 is off to a good start, or a bad start. Its been actually pretty mundane and boring; not to mention COLD.

Monday was the first day back to school and it went fine. I think everyone was ready to return (although we were ready for the weekend by Wednesday!). However, local forcasts were predicting snow for Thursday night/Friday so that sent everyone under (and a whole lot over) the age of 18 into a tailspin of excitement. And, might I add, that forcasts were wrong.

Tuesday night Glenn and I decided (30 minutes before tip off) to go to our first USC basketball game of the season. We picked up cheap tickets out front and headed into the practically empty arena to watch the Gamecocks (finally!) win against Longwood College.

Wednesday was Mr. Rick's birthday and so we joined the family for the usual birthday dinner at Dianne's. As always we had a great time and delicious food!

Thursday was the BCS game so I stayed up late watching it banking on the above said weather forcast. Let's just say that I should have know there would be no delay on Friday.

Friday the boys arrived and we all headed out for Mexican at Casa Linda's and then rented a movie. On Saturday, Clay had an OA event and Glenn was doing a Fantasy Football Play Off pick so he invited me and Ben to meet him at Wild Wings when it was over for lunch. My friend, Christy, met her husband there, too, so we all enjoyed lunch. The rest of the day, and today, was spent watching play off games. I was disappointed that my "good luck" Ochocinco jersey didn't seem to work...the Bengals lost and are out now.

Next week is going to be extremely busy so it was nice to have this fairly relaxing week and weekend, I guess.

No comments: