Sunday, January 17, 2010

Busy Week...Long Weekend

I can't begin to say how excited I am about having one more day after today in my weekend. Last week was long and exhausting. I was ready for four days of OFF!

Monday was a late day at school for faculty meeting. Tuesday was LATER day at school as I tutored, ran out for Chinese and headed back to wait on our evening chorus concert and bake sale to begin. Good thing here --- I got to read a lot of The Help while I waited. Wednesday was a late day as I had a district writing meeting. Thursday was the last day before our long weekend and it went pretty good! Friday off was nice --- I grocery shopped, got my nails done (not so good as the girl did a terrible job - they are milky and two have already seperated from my nail) and took care of errands. On Friday night we had dinner at Ruth's Chris with Glenn's parents which was very good and quite entertaining as we had not one, but two Elvis look alikes at the table next to us. And, I got to see my friend, Paula, who was dining there also! On Saturday we were given tickets to a festival at the convention center so we met up with our friends Christina and Damon for it. Today has been a lazy day with the rain (although it has stopped and the sun is shining...YAY!) and the knowledge that the end of the weekend is extending one more day!

On the agenda for tomorrow --- rest, go by the nail place to see the owner (who was off all weekend), read, rest and enjoy the day!! Although I am super excited for next week to be over and next weekend to get here....big fun is planned for Friday night --- we're taking Ben to Monster Truck Jam!! And thanks to Colonial Life's Winter ticket special (great deal!!) and upcoming events there are a host of other exciting to look foward to during these boring winter months -- Monster Truck Jam, two men's basketball games, one women's game, the Circus (!) and...............JIMMY BUFFETT!! Got our tickets for Buffett on Saturday and can't wait until the show!

No comments: