Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!

What a Christmas week this has been!! I can say that it was wonderful!
After the boys headed back to Spartanburg on Tuesday, Glenn's parents came over to his house for dinner on Tuesday night. We served (if I do say so myself!!) a delicious meal of marinated NY strip for the guys/tenderloin for the girls, marinated (of my own concoction!), grilled asparagus and onions and hoppin' john.
Everything was completely finished so Wednesday was spent just relaxing...which was so nice! Then Wednesday night we met up with a group of friends for dinner at Cantina 76 before heading to the Columbia Charitable Foundation/Marine Corps Toys for Tots Event at the Coop. What a great time with a band, dj, and friends to celebrate the holidayand collect toys for kids who will now get a Christmas!

Kim, Christy, Elizabeth and me...some of my favorite girls

Christmas Eve was another restful day --- I made gumbo for the first time (I think it was pretty good!) and we opened one gift. Polo socks for Glenn and a Bengals Ochocinco jersey for me! Christmas day we opened the rest of our gifts, and I got exactly what I wanted and then some. First off a signed copy of "South of Broad" by Pat Conroy and...................a KINDLE!!! I love it!! Glenn got a Blu-Ray and Garmin GPS. As well as the first season of "Life on Mars", perhaps the best show I've ever watched! In the evening we joined Glenn's family for dinner.

Very nice (and a huge surprise!) gifts...a Dior purse, quilted Burberry jacket and matching scarf and a rhinestone buckled clutch (that I saw in Paul D. Sloan back at Vista Lights and loved!).

Our Christmas week concluded with left over dinner at Glenn's grandmother's and then Elizabeth's post-Christmas/Birthday party!

No comments: