Saturday, December 12, 2009

EAGC Christmas Party

Tonight we attended our first Christmas party of the season. And, it was well worth the wait!! This one was formal and held at the Forest Lake Club. It was for Glenn's dad's business club and it was a great party! The meal was fantastic --- quail, salad, filet with risotto and asparagus and chocolate cake....YUM!! After dinner each lady at the party was given a gift. I didn't expect one so I was super surprised when a guy in a Santa hat walked up to the table and asked for "Melanie"! It was a box of 4 Department 56 tree ornaments and a Gund bear that sings "Jingle Bells"...it was a terrific present that I loved!! (Although Glenn said he'd be hearing the bear for the next two months!) We finished off after dinner with dancing. Bless Mr. Rick for trying to shag with me and my two left feet....all I can say is he is a great dancer and did a wonderful job leading/teaching! It was a wonderful Christmas night!
Pics from the party: 1. me and Glenn 2. me and Mrs. Matthews, Glenn's grandmother 3. me and Belinda, Glenn's stepmom

Dancing! Glenn's dad and Belinda

Mr. Rick and me!


Mrs. Matthews and Mr. Rick

My present from EAGC!!! I love it!!

No comments: