Thursday, August 20, 2009

Birthday Dinner with the Family

As I mentioned in my previous post, Glenn's family and many family friends were getting together last night to celebrate his birthday. We met up with his grandmother, his dad and stepmom and a handful of their friends at Dianne's on Devine for dinner. I had never been to Dianne's and I'm glad that my first trip was for a special occassion. What a wonderful place!!

It was crowded and I was amazed that not only did everyone there know Glenn and his family, but many had brought him cards, gifts and stopped by the table to send their wishes. There was a band and they sang "happy birthday" to Glenn (and several more times as there were 4 or so groups there celebrating last night) while he blew out the candles on his Godiva chocolate cake (I was so nervous that I forgot to take pictures!!). The cake was, as was everything else, wonderful.


No comments: