Friday, November 21, 2008

It's The Holiday Season....

No, I can't believe it is that time of year already either. It seems like 2007's end was just yesterday. But, its true, the trees are going up, the carols (though this drives me crazy this early) have started and the celebrations have begun.

The countdown to Christmas starts here in Columbia on the Thursday before Thanksgiving with Vista Lights. The downtown Vista area is lit up and all of the shops, galleries and restaurants are open and welcoming the seasonal cheer.

Ron and I headed down there last night and met Paula at the Hilton, where her friend, Berry, was singing with his choral group. From there we dropped her at Flying Saucer to visit with friends, while we headed to Mellow Mushroom to visit with Linda, my teaching partner, her husband and her adorable baby girl, Emerson. From there we headed down Gervais, stopping in shops and at the Blue Marlin for some yummy shrimp 'n grits samples. After the (disappointing) tree lighting we met back up with Paula who was now with Marisa, Peggy, Cindy and Scott. The seven of us continued on visiting shops for a while. Eventually, we split up, our friend, Rachael, joined us and Ron, Marisa, Rachael and I grabbed a late dinner before Ron and I came home.

It was a fun evening and the weather was good. It was a pleasant kick off to Christmas season '08!

Ron and me at Vista Lights

Me,Marisa and Rachael at dinner

I ran into my friend, Tiffany, while at dinner

The girls: me, Peggy, Marisa, Paula and Cindy

No comments: