Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Explorer Vs. The Building


Every year the Greek Orthodox Church here in Columbia puts on a wonderful Greek Festival. It was last weekend and several of us made plans to go on Friday night. My friend, Elizabeth, met me at my apartment and together we headed towards 5 points to pick up another friend, Stephanie. Stephanie lives in this great, old, funky apartment building near the campus. It has a teeny, tiny drive leading to the parking area in the back. Because of the concert in 5 points that night (did you see Columbia in national news for the plane crash afterwards?!?!) many of the streets were closed down, so I pulled around back to pick Steph up.


Well, on the way out, Elizabeth pointed out that I didn't have the angle (remember I drive a BIG vehicle) and I backed up and started over. She again said that she didn't think I had it, but I thought I did. Until I heard an awful ---- SCREEEEEECCCHHHH!!!! I had scraped the side of the building on the passenger side! Luckily, the damage was minimal --- some scratching, a dent and a little door bending. It could have been much worse. And, now, I watch my angles much closer!!

No comments: