Monday, July 14, 2008

Birthday Weekend

I know, most people only celebrate for one day out of the year, but this year I celebrated for a whole weekend. And, it was GREAT!
Kristie came in to town on Thursday afternoon and after some hanging out and getting ready we met up with friends --- Lara, Dan and Ben --- to go play shuffleboad and listen to some jazz music down in 5 Points. From there, Dan, Kristie and I headed across town to the airport to pick up another friend, Brett, who was flying in late from vacation in Michigan. After a stop at Waffle House to hear all about the trip, we headed home for some much needed sleep!
Kristie, Lara and Me playing shuffleboard....we lost to the boys, by the way, by 2 points

Waffle House picture!

I worked on Friday and then met up with Kristie for two lunches. That should be a whole post of itself!! We had a great afternoon tooling around town before going bowling with the Jaycees. What a blast!

Our team: me, Kristie, Brett and Dan



On Saturday, Kristie and I headed for lunch and then to 5 points where we spent some time trying on seersucker in the Gentlemen's Closet (for anyone who doesn't already know, I LOVE seersucker!).
The owner even let us visit the "seersucker vault"!
Eventually we met up with a whole group for dinner and to celebrate!

Lara drew Maggie on the cake!

I love these girls!!
I was so glad Stephanie (and Rick, who managed not to get in the picture) came to celebrate my birthday with us!








All in all, it was an awesome weekend!

1 comment:

The Muldrows said...

Happy Birthday!! Looks like you had a great weekend!