Monday, June 9, 2008

What a Weekend!

I am definitely going to need this week to recover....and recover the house! Kristie and Levi came down again for the weekend, bringin with them Jenni and her boys, Chris and Andrew and Laura. My apartment was like a college dorm for three days! But, we had a great time!
Friday I had already made plans to join some friends for a movie which worked out fine since the Spartanburg gang didn't get here until after 8 and we met up with them and some others downtown for a while. (Me, Jenni, Kristie and Laura)
On Saturday, after laying around for HOURS just talking and hanging out we headed to lunch at Salty Nut and shopping in 5 Points.
Then, it was back to my place for all of us to get ready for the CRUISE!!! The main reason (besides seeing me) they all came was to go on the SC Jaycees Cruise on Lake Murray.
It was a fun time on the "pontoon" as we called it. At the risk of making it more fun we alternated calling my friend, Brett, who is on the SC Jaycees board, all day long making cruise "requests".....shuffleboard, dinner with the captain, hold the boat because we might be late, etc. It made for some great laughs. After the cruise it we stayed at the marina for a while before going to Liberty for a late dinner.


Sunday was a little sad because I knew they were all leaving. I'd kind of gotten used to having a houseful of people. We ended it by having an Ihop brunch (Jenni, Laura, Kristie, Brett and me at IHOP) and then getting them all off towards home. I then headed to Chuck's birthday pool party for a while before coming home to crash on the couch....I was exhausted!

I can't wait for them to all come back again......SOON!!!

No comments: