Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We Are Officially Moved!

Last week was crazy!!! But, it all came together and the boys, Maggie and I are in our new apartment in West Columbia.....loving it!

Saturday was an early day and I didn't sleep much the night before so I was worried I would be too tired. But, I dropped Maggie off early at a friend's house, picked up Ron and then we got the U-Haul. My friend, Brian, Ron's friends, Chuck and Melissa, Clay, Ben, Levi and I got to work unloading the old place. Thanks to Ron's wonderful packing skills we were able to get everything in ONE load! After sending Clay and Brian to check on Maggie and picking up lunch for everyone we got started unloading. Another friend, Ryan, who lives here in the same community, came over to help unload and it took us no time. By 10:30, the place was put together with the exception of the office (really the dining room, but I'm opting to use it as the office and squeeze my table into the eat-in kitchen).

Sunday, Ron and I went back to the old place to clean and pick up a few last things. Meanwhile, Kristie was on her way to Columbia and I invited the guys who had helped move over for dinner. With Kristie, Clay and Levi's help we finished the rest of the place and other than the boxes of trash and nothing hanging on the walls you couldn't tell I had just moved in! :) We finished off Sunday by having Ryan, Brett, Ben and Lara join me, Kristie and the kids for a cook out. We had a terrific time and I couldn't think of better people to have spent the first dinner here with.

Now, we're hanging things as we decide where they should go and just absolutely enjoying the place. I will have to take/post some pictures of it soon!

Levi and Clay rocking out @ the new place

Ben and Maggie LOVE it here!

2 comments:

Len and Carrie said...

I am so glad that y'all are all moved! I have been wondering where you were! :)

The Muldrows said...

Congrats on your new home! Hope to see you soon.