Monday, July 14, 2014

Shijiazhuang Day 8 - My Birthday!

My 41st birthday in China will definitely be one to remember!! It started with my class having a party for me.  When I arrived they had a message on the board and a powerpoint singing "Happy Birthday".  They brought in a beautiful cake (it had tomatoes on it!) and wonderful gifts!   They sang, we ate and took a bunch of pictures.
 
At dinner, the CCEC staff brought another beautiful cake (no pictures yet) and a wife cake, which you eat on your birthday for good luck.  After dinner about 14 of us went out to a KTV, a karaoke place.  Very different from American karaoke!  We were in a private room with couches.  Everyone had a blast singing and dancing.  We went downstairs to the "disco" after a while where we were literally the center of the dance floor.  Everyone loved dancing with the Americans!
 
My last wish was to ride home in a pedicab.  So, Debra, Kenny, Kerra and I caught one back to the school and it was definitely an experience buzzing along next to speeding cars and buses!
 
 
What a great birthday!!!
 
 























No comments: