Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Le Bal de Moulin Rouge

On the first Saturday of March we spent the third weekend in a row attending a local gala!  This time it was the Columbia Museum of Art's annual gala themed this year "Le Bal de Moulin Rouge".  Because of my love of everything Paris and the fact that "Moulin Rouge" is one of my absolute favorite movies, I asked Glenn to please take me.  Now, we know we have been missing the party of the year in this town!

The decorations and entertainment were over the top!  There were flowers in gorgeous colors, an Eiffel Tower, ariel artists, Sara Dippity "painting" people, a band, USC Dance performances, and an ELEPHANT!!!  (If only I could have climbed on top to sing with Ewan MacGregor!!)  An added bonus we were able to walk through "Impressionism from Monet to Matisse", the current impressionist exhibit.  I LOVED it and can't wait to go back when I can walk through and view each painting in depth.

We had a lot of friends and family there and for the first time EVER we arrived within ten minutes of the doors opening and left ten minutes after it was over.  I will definitely be looking forward to this next year!

































No comments: