Tuesday, May 1, 2012

This Summer....

When I turned 30 I made a list of things to do before I turn 40.  I am slightly over a year away and it seems that the list got left behind somewhere in the last nine years.  One of those items on my list was to go on a mission trip.  Finally, this summer it will be a reality (not just a check off, but a hardworking week!) as I travel with my former next door neighbor and eleven other folks to Dominica Orphanage in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.  We will be building a second floor on the orphanage, but I am most excited about spending time with these sweet children.  I'm not going to lie...I am nervous.  I have never done any type of construction before and I speak absolutely no Spanish.  But, after watching this video, I knew this was the trip I had been waiting on.  (And, I think the hardest part for me will be leaving the children and not bringing them home with me!!)


http://youtu.be/_3xdHiU2qE8

No comments: