Sunday, January 29, 2012

January....Longest Month of the Year

Maybe its the post holidays, winter (although not necessarily winter like weather!) blues, maybe its the anticipation of a super exciting February (and 2012 as a whole!), mabye its just really, seriously long, but January has seemed never ending and I am so excited about February coming this week. We have definitely not been sitting around with nothing to do....actually lots of exciting things have gone on. Here is a recap:

*Our house went on the market!!
*We put in an offer on a new house and we should close on February 13th!!! (I will post all about it once it is official...now we are hoping our old house sells quickly!)
*We attended "John and Jen" at Workshop Theater
*We attended Columbia Classical Ballet's "Lifechance Gala" and cast party. At the silent auction we came home with a very cool, artsy bracelet, one of my favorite difusers, a gift basket and a gorgeous piece of art
*We visited our neighbor's church.
*I bought a waterproof to 10 ft Olympus Tough camera to take to the Bahamas for underwater pics....it does real cool things such as the fish eyed photo of Ben above.
*Ben had baseball conditioning to prepare for tryouts in February
*Ben spent three days on a field trip at Camp Thunderbird
*Ben and Glenn went to several Gamecock basketball games and I joined Glenn and Ruben for the first SEC win of the year against Alabama!
*Planned for next month's Bahamas and Washington, DC trips
*Booked a vacation to the Xcaret in Mexico for me and Glenn in June
*Began prepping for a spring break road trip for me and Ben...we are going to travel from SC to Houston, TX!

Now I am looking forward to so much in February, moving in the new house and the next six months that I am almost giddy!!

No comments: