Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What To Do With Wedding Flowers



Are you like us and have an abundance of weddings to attend in 2011? (Another friend of ours --who incidently went on her first date with her fiance to our tailgating spot! That is now 2 first date marriages from our spot....3 if you count me and Glenn meeting there---just got engaged for 2012. I think we know 5 couples right off getting married before the end of the year! ) Or. are you getting married? Need a unique gift? Don't want to watch your flowers just die when the wedding is over? Let me introduce you to Flowers Forever on Rosewood Drive.


They can take wedding flowers and make the most unique things! They preserve, freeze dry, make jewelry, you name it! I discovered them in the fall and learned that they make Pandora style beads from flowers and took roses from my wedding portrait bouquet to have two beads made. (They also make necklaces, braccelets, earrings from the flowers.) The beads came out beautifully!


I decided that since I could not bring back my entire bouquet from Vegas, I would bring back a flower and have a bead from it as well. I ended up bringing back more flowers than I planned from the bouquet, boutenierre and alter arrangement. So, I had one bead made from the red alter flowers, and a bead for me (and one for my mother-in-law's Pandora bracelet) from a mix of Glenn's boutennire and my bouquet. With the remaining flowers, Forever Flowers dried them, made our "M" monogram, framed and matted! It is beautiful!! It does take a while for the process (flowers have to get to them as quickly as possible after the wedding) of drying so its not an instant gift. Ours took about five months. But, it is definitely unique and a wonderful way to keep the wedding alive.


No comments: