Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spring Break!

Spring Break 2011 started EARLY on Friday morning for me as I had to be at school by 6 a.m. We were headed to Myrtle Beach on a field trip to the Ripley's Aquarium and Imax. As soon as we got back to school I jumped in my car and drove all the way BACK to the beach to meet Glenn and Ben who were about half an hour ahead of me. Getting in about 8:30, I stopped at The Office to pick up pizza and Glenn's dad and Belinda stopped by to see the condo.

On Saturday we joined them for lunch at Carolina Roadhouse, shopping at the outlets and later, dinner at Prime Steakhouse. Sunday was a fairly quiet "play" day for the three of us. We headed to the mall, where we "detoxed" with an ionic foot detox, had dinner at El Burro Loco (or The Crazy Donkey if you don't speak Spanish) and Glenn returned to Columbia that evening.

Monday, Ben and I ran errands (mailing off my passport name change paperwork for Costa Rica!) and relaxed while waiting on my parents to arrive from Spartanburg. They spent the next three days with us going to the mall, cooking dinner at the condo, walking at the beach, having lunch at El Burro Loco and spending time together. They left on Thursday, taking Ben with them to drop off in Columbia so he could play ball and leave for Confirmation Camp on Friday.

I had Thursday and most of Friday to read, walk on the beach, and relax! Glenn came back Friday night and we had a blast just the two of us. We moved in our new table for the dining room and it looked wonderful. On Friday night, however, we had our first new condo snafu....the a/c went out. It was the fan belt and they will be fixing it on the next trip down. We enjoyed lunch at Mr. Fish (a great "dive"), bought Sketcher tone ups, Glenn exterminated the bees that had bothered me all week, and we took a long walk around our "neighborhood".

It was the best spring break that I ever remember!




Aquarium field trip


Pink Panthers at the outlets


quick, cold dip in the pool



ready for dinner at Prime (Ben wearing his new duds from the Matthews)


The crazy donkey! (restaurant, not Ben!)


exterminating the bees

new tone ups!

Boom Boom shrimp at Mr. Fish

new table arrangement


new dining room table

No comments: