Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hunchback Ballet


I was asked a while back by a family friend to serve on the board for Columbia Classical Ballet for the next season. I agreed and they also donated tickets to the Phi Mu fundraiser a few weeks ago. We were the winners of the tickets (!)and when I mentioned it to Clay and Sarah they were both interested in coming and attending --- neither had ever been to the ballet before.
Last night they arrived, ate a quick dinner, visited Mrs. Matthews briefly and then headed to Koger Center for the performance of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". It was amazing! Washington Ballet Principal, Brooklyn Mack (of Elgin), performed and he was absolutely incredible. Clay and Sarah enjoyed themselves as well and, I think, they will come back for future performances!
It goes without saying that Mrs. Matthews was super-excited about us coming by as she asks about Clay every single time I see her!

No comments: