Thursday, July 15, 2010

Another Year Older!!

Although celebrating my birthday this week has been fun, I'm thankful it is only once a year because I am exhausted!

Monday night Ben and Glenn took me to one of my favorite places for dinner, MoMo's. I was disappointed in the bread --- its usually so good with the olive oil and it was very hard and no olive oil that night. :( But, everything else was WONDERFUL. We all shared scallops, bistro fries (my absolute favorite and I am abiding by the "calories don't count for your birthday" rule), lobster mac and cheese, shrimp tacos and pork tacos. Although it was raining, we sat on the covered patio which I think is one of the most charming aspects of MoMo's.
On Tuesday night a group of our friends (I think we had around 13 or 14 over the course of the evening) for dinner at a fairly new place, Davis'. I had nachos and onion loaf here, as well as a bite of everyone else's meal! (The cactus quesadillas were fabulous!) There was a cake, lots of friends and FABULOUS presents.....several new pairs of earrings, a bracelet, a necklace.....WOW! (Pictures: me and Christina; me and Ben; showing off one of each earring from Hilda; Scottie and Ben cutting the cake; Kat, Christy, me and Peggy....Ben was the "photographer" for the evening, so the pics were kind of interesting)

Wednesday night, Belinda, Ben and I joined Mrs. Matthews, Mr. Rick, Lulu and all of Mrs. Matthews' dinner friends at Dianne's on Devine. Ross Holmes was back playing and we danced (even Ben!) and had a wonderful time. Mrs. Matthews had a cake and the entire restraunt sang to me....This night's dinner was Ceasar salad, lobster ravioli and a bunch of Ben's french fries. He ordered shrimp AND a cheeseburger! (I guess he's not counting calories around Mom's birthday either!)

(Pictures: Ben and Mrs. Matthews; me and my favorite little gentleman; Ben dancing with Lulu; Happy birthday to....ME!; me, Belinda and Lulu)

No comments: