Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I hope that everyone has had as wonderful a Valentine's day today as I have!! First off, though, let me send out a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to my (11 year old!) baby, Ben! I can't believe that eleven years ago today (also a Sunday) I was at Spartanburg Regional meeting my 1o pounds of joy!

Today has been one of the best Valentine's ever. (Considering last year I was nursing a just broken finger, it could only look up!) Our day started at church --- we had a Sunday School hour meeting with the pastor and then service. Afterwards we had reservations at "Top of Carolina", the rotating restaurant at the top of Capstone Dorm at USC. The view was incredible and the food was terrific. We enjoyed grits, egg casserole, omelettes, bacon, sausage, winter veggies, almond beans, stuffed chicken, cheddar ravioli, marinated beef, ambrosia salad, garden salad, canollis, cherry, whipped cream brownies, and petit fours. YUM!! An afternoon nap was a definite after eating that much food!







We had already given each other our gifts over the course of the weekend.....Gone with the Wind Blu Ray, candy and Valentine bear for me, Final Destination 3D DVD and a remote control truck for Glenn....so we exchanged sweet cards and cooked a healthy, yummy meal of grilled steak, marinated asparagus and onions. We finished up with chocolate chip cookies! (Not so healthy, but delicious!)


Enjoying our Valentine gifts!












No comments: