Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend and Ramblin' Crabs

The long weekend for Memorial Day was so nice! On Sunday, we held a pool-side going away party for our friends and fellow Jaycees, Laura and Andy. They are moving to Long Island and she starts her new job there next week. (Of course I can't wait to plan a trip to visit them!!) Although it was rainy and the pool was chilly, we still had a great time.








Pictures: Glenn grilling burgers and hot dogs; Brian, Andy and Laura enjoying the hot tub; the girls - Jamie, Sarah, Mary, Laura and me!
Then on Monday, Glenn and I had an early BBQ lunch and watched "Hancock". Then, his friends Scottie and Kat invited us over for cinnamon chicken, fruit, pasta salad and grilled corn. It was so good!! After visiting with them for a while we all headed to yet ANOTHER cookout! Another friend was hosting with his father and they had an incredible spread --- burgers, chicken, pork chops and my personal favorite, the brats!! Needless to say, I ate way too much over those two days!
Tuesday was back to school (5 and 2 half days left!! YAY!!!) and after a meeting and a stop at Jaycee trivia to meet my friend Amy's sister who was visiting, I headed home early and was in bed by 10:00!

Tonight was our May dinner outing with Jaycees at this hole-in-the-wall, impossible to find, but extremely GREAT restaurant called The Ramblin' Crab. I had the shrimp and grits with an ear of the best corn I've ever had....this meal was awesome! (Amy, Glenn, me, Jamie, Trent, Sarah and Brian)

No comments: